Monday, December 21, 2009

Baby Mania!

I have a minor ( ok, major) obsession.

I may need to attend some sort of "anonymous" program for it.

Perhaps there is some sort of prescription to keep this malady at bay?

If there isn't, then I am in BIG trouble mister...

Ok...here it goes...deep breathes...

I am obsessed with anything and everything having to do with babies. Even more specifically, babies themselves.

I spend hours reading blogs about women who have been lucky enough to have these miniature creatures, days empathizing with women who are unable to bear this desirable fruit, weeks longing for someone in my inner circle (even myself!) to feel that little tickle of life inside them.

Truth be told...this whole baby thing consumes every aspect of my life. Every morning when I wake up (if I wake up in time...that snooze button is just so easy to press) I quietly sneak out to the television set to catch an episode of "Baby Story" or "Birth Day" on TLC. At work I email back and forth with my patient friends and mother about the glorious day when I will be able to call myself a mommy. God forbid I go to Target alone to pick up something as arbitrary as laundry soap...next thing I know I am looking at two hours wasted on going through rack after rack of onesies.

This also has a huge effect on my dating life. I will simply not (and I mean NOT) consider dating someone if I think that he and I would have ugly children. "But Sarah, he is so good looking!"..."Yes...but our children will have horse teeth." When battling out whether or not to date my current boyfriend, I chanced upon a picture of his adorable niece and was sold. Is that strange? Yes? Oh well. It is what it is.

The thing is, I am not ready for a baby. Well at least not this month. I want to be married, have my own house, and be completely prepared. Actually...screw that, I am ready for a baby yesterday, I just need a willing partner. BUT one of my little baby wishes did come true recently! I have a very dear and darling friend (who I will keep anonymous even though I am sure that my mom and best friend Lauren are the only 2 people reading this blog at the mo') who just found out that she is a mother to be! I am THRILLED! I have already planned her baby shower in my mind, decided what I am going to get her as a gift, and I bug her probably 27 times a day about her (and my) excitement. "OH MY GOSH ARE YOU SOOOOOOO EXCITED? I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU? AAAAHH!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!" Seeing as she is only in her first trimester, she may not want to speak to me at the end of her nine month journey because I am being so obnoxious.

That being said...congratulations my darling and dear to remain anonymous at the time friend! I am so excited for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment