Friday, February 26, 2010

Every girl should be best friends with two wonderously beautiful men...

I have a confession to make.

I am in love with another man.

Well...

Actually...

Two other men...

But do not worry about my darling boyfriend. He is well aware that my heart belongs to two others.

Many moons ago, I got a job at T.G.I. Fridays. They are very thorough with employee training (or at least they were) which started with an excruciatingly long orientation. An orientation in which my heart was POUNDING the entire time. I could hardly compose myself. I think...I think that I had just experienced love at first sight. I was sitting across from the most beautiful man I had ever laid eyes on. He was a vision.

When the orientation was completed I rushed outside for fresh air...and to call my mom. "MOM...I have just seen the most beautiful man in the world. I...CANT...BREATHE..."

Unfortunately for me, I was not his type.

A couple of days later, I was assaulted by another vision of astonishing beauty.

WAS THIS PLACE A BREEDING GROUND FOR MALE MODELS?!?!

Again...I rushed outside...and called my mom (the poor woman's phone bill must be outrageous) "MOM! There is another one!"

However, I again was plagued with being the wrong type.

But this all turned out fine in the end. Now I wouldn't want to date them in a million years. Not only am I not their type, but they are not mine.

Enough of this type casting...

Six years later and I am so happy to say that these men of staggering beauty (Chad and Steve would be their names) are my best friends.

Our relationship is envied by thousands.
There are songs written about the ebs and flows of our friendship seasons.

It is even suggested that Will & Grace AND Friends was loosely based on us (even though the shows came out before we met. They must have had a psychic staffer who envisioned us.)

97% of my most wonderful memories over the last 6 years feature the three of us.

Midnight trips to Vegas (well we made it about an hour until we turned around)

More costume parties than I can count on my hands and toes

Miniature vacations. One where I learned that ostriches are not cute and friendly birds. They are evil predators. Deamons!

Dancing the night away.

Lazy Sundays.

I thought that I would introduce them to you. They are surely going to be mentioned on this blog from time to time.

Ladies, and my boyfriend....I would like to introduce you to Chad and Steve:





3 comments: