Monday, April 25, 2011

ROBOT READS: WATER FOR ELEPHANTS

Water for Elephants

I have a confession to make. I originally bought Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen a couple of years ago. I started it. Read a couple of chapters. Got bored. Put it down...and down it stayed. Meanwhile everyone and their mothers was reading it and LOVING it, making me think that I needed to give it another try.

And then, like with most things, I forgot about it.

UNTIL...

...this amazing promo with an amazing song by Florence and the Machine caught my attention. Like most popular books, there was now to be a Water for Elephants movie. "I HAVE TO SEE THIS!!" I thought. Which I completely plan on doing. However, I have a flaw, defect, particularity...whatever you want to call it. I cannot see a movie if it was initially a book, and I have not already read the book. It is completely ridiculous.

So after two years I hopped back on the Elephant saddle and was HOOKED. I realized that I was doing it all wrong. Like the Twilight series, I had to pretend like the leading male role was Robert Patinson and I was his love interest. Once that happened I was in!

It is a brazenly penned story about a young man, Jacob Jankowski, who runs away from the tragedy that has recently befallen him and joins a traveling train circus. It takes place during the depression and the constant question of where money is going to come from next is quite reminiscent of my current life (maybe I will hop on a circus train.) He falls in love with a married woman, befriends an elephant and is roommates with a little person. I don't know about you, but married women + elephants + little people = my new favorite.

I highly recommend it.

And I will probably highly recommend the movie too....but I have no seen it yet.

I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment